The effect of Non-Governmental Organizations on the Delivery of Quality Primary Education Services in Mogadishu- Somalia in the absence of an effective State apparatus
Abdi, Ahmed-Nor Mohamed
MetadataShow full item record
This Study Was About The Effect Of Non-Governmental Organizations (Ngos) On Delivery Of Quality Primary Education Services In Mogadishu, Somalia In The Absence Of An Effective State Apparatus. The Study Was Motivated By The Negative Of Effects Of Ngos On The Primary Education. There Are Eight Ngos Which Are Education Umbrellas Each Umbrella Has Its Own Rules And Regulations, Policy, Curriculum, Academic Year, Student Uniform, Education System And Certificate, And There Is No High Education Commission In Somalia To Control And Evaluate All These Education Umbrellas In Somalia. In Addition To That, There Is No Unity Among All These Non-Governmental Organizations And Each Of Them Wants To Dominate The Entire Education System In Somalia, A Thing That Will Jeopardize The Education Development In Country. The Study Was Based On Three Objectives, That Is: I) To Assess The Effect Of Different Curricula Used By Ngos On Primary Education In Mogadishu; Ii) Examine The Effect Of Absence Of A Regulatory Agency On The Primary Education In Mogadishu And Iii) To Assess The Effect Of Different Ngos Ideologies On Primary Education In Mogadishu. The Study Adopted A Case Study Design Where Both Qualitative And Quantitative Approaches Were Used. Samples Of 254 Respondents Were Contacted And All Of Them Filled The Questionnaires. Purposive And Simple Random Sampling Techniques Were Also Used To Collect Data. Questionnaires, Interviews And Documentary Reviews Were Used To Collect Data. Data Was Coded And Analyzed Using The Statistical Package For Social Science (Spss). As Regards The Effect Of Different Curricula On Primary Education In Mogadishu, The Findings Generally Revealed That There Is A Weak Relationship Between The Different Curriculum And The Delivery Of Quality Primary Education At 31.2%. The Other Remaining Of 68.8% May Be Attributed To Other Factors Such As Provision Of Scholastic Materials And Infrastructure. As Regards The Effect Of Absence Of A Regulatory Agency On The Primary Education In Mogadishu, The Findings Revealed That There Is Weak Relationship Between The Regulatory Agency And The Delivery Of Quality Primary Education At 22.8%. The Remainder Of 77.2.8% May Be Explained By To Other Factors Such As Inadequate Enforcement Of Ngos Internal Regulations To Ensure Quality Of Primary Education And Flexibility Of Their Regulations Concerning Quality Education. As Regards The Effects Of Different Ngos Ideologies On Primary Education In Mogadishu, The Findings Revealed There Is A Weak Relationship Between The Different Ngos Ideologies And The Delivery Of Quality Primary Education At 31.8%. The Remainder Of 68.2% May Be Because Of Other Variables Such As Insufficient Sensitivity Of Ngos Managers Are To The Local Somali Ideology And Lack Of Willingness To Correct The Educational Vision To Suit Somali Needs. Recommendations Of The Study Were There Should Be Collaboration Between The Local Authorities In Mogadishu And The Educational Umbrella O To Define National Primary Education Priorities That Acts As The Guiding Framework For All External As Well As Internal P Layers In Primary Education In Mogadishu. It Should Mogadishu Local Authorities Should Establish A Functional Legal And Regulatory Framework That Harmonizes The Activities Of Various Umbrellas Of Education In Mogadishu And Monitor And Evaluate The Quality Standards Of Primary Education. National Authorities Should Also Establish A Cohesive National Education Policy Aimed At Streamlining Standards, Improving Quality, and addressing fundamental deficiencies.
- Thesis and Dissertations